Every year Development in Gardening (DIG) organizes a single opportunity to work hand in hand with our communities on the ground and visit some of the most beautiful sites in Africa.
Dates & Activities
The group departs from New York's JFK airport and travels to a DIG site. The trips typically last 12 days including travel. We split our digging time between our community groups. You will have a unique opportunity to work one-on-one with select families contributing to the improvement of their home gardens.
After our hands have become properly callused, the group will relax into a luxury safari or a Gorilla Trek.
The cost of the trip is between $4,500 - $6,000 per person and includes:
- Round trip flight from New York to Nairobi
- Flight from the Mara Naboisho Conservancy to Nairobi
- Kenya visa
- All lodging
- All food
- All transportation
- All excursions including the 3 night luxury safari with Encounter Mara
- park fees, guides, taxes
The Trip Costs does not include:
- Any cost associated with acquiring a valid passport (Kenya requires that your passport must be valid for 6 months after your return)
- Any vaccinations you or your doctor feel are necessary
- Any malaria prophylaxis or other medications prescribed by your doctor
- Any travel/health insurance costs (travel insurance is required by DIG for participation on this trip)
- Transport to and from New York to your home destination
- Souvenirs, alcohol and other personal purchases while on the trip
This trip is typically limited to 6 individuals so it is important to contact DIG as soon as possible if you are thinking of joining. Once we know your interest we will work to finalize all dates and reservations.
DIG will ask for a $500 non-refundable deposit when trip dates are confirmed. You will be responsible for getting any necessary vaccinations, paperwork, and malaria medication before our departure.All deposit checks should be made payable to: Development in Gardening 1270 Caroline St Suite D120-312 Atlanta, GA 30307 Note:Be sure to include your name and DIG Adventure Trip on the check.