Our mission is to improve the nutrition and health of HIV-affected and at-risk populations through sustainable gardening.
We do this by training people in agriculture and nutrition and providing resources to create projects that empower communities to meet their own needs.
- Improve the health of individuals through gardens designed to meet specific nutritional needs
- Work with participants to build agricultural skills necessary to develop and maintain diverse, sustainable gardens
- Build the capacity of gardeners as local resources for information, education, and replication of garden projects at home and in the community
- Link nutrition, gardening, and health
- Enhance community’s food security and livelihoods
DIG’s Core Values
- We engage in grassroots initiatives with a goal of sustainable change
- We believe every person has a right to good nutrition
- We offer environmentally, economically, culturally, and educationally appropriate responses
- We believe in collaborative partnerships